ICN has identified three key programmes areas as crucial to the betterment of nursing and health. These are known as ICN’s Pillars and they are: Professional Practice, Regulation, and Socio-Economic Welfare. The association’s activities are focused in these areas. The eHealth and Leadership for Change™ and the Global Nursing Leadership Institute (GNLI) are three significant ICN projects which come under the professional practice pillar. Leadership in Negotiation is a project which comes under the socio-economic welfare pillar.
- eHealth (ICNP, ICN Telenursing Network, Connecting Nurses)
- Leadership for Change™
- Global Nursing Leadership Institute
- Global database of nurse regulators
- Workforce Forums
- Leadership in Negotiation
- International Centre for Human Resources in Nursing (ICHRN)